BAKED EGGPLANT HOAGIES (feeds six)
I first had baked eggplant at an Italian restaurant in the popular dish,
eggplant Parmesan. We like this form of eggplant so much that we made
this simple 30-minute recipe. It is a recipe for kids of all ages that
dont like mushy eggplant.
Turn oven on to 400 degrees
2 medium eggplants, sliced 1/3 inch thick
1 cup white flour
3 tablespoon spike
1 1/2 tablespoon basil or Italian seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
6 hoagie rolls, tomato sauce, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
1) Mix flour and seasonings in one medium size bowl. (I use a broadbased
2) Put beaten eggs in another bowl
Coat the eggplant with egg and the flour mix.
3) Bake on a cookie sheet coated with 1 tbsp. oil for 25 minutes. The
eggplant will have a golden crust.
4) Turn the oven down to 350. Cut open the rolls or lay slices of bread
on a cookie sheet. Put cheese on one side and tomato sauce on the other.
Place in the oven for 5- 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5) Place 2 or 3 slices of the baked eggplant on the hoagie rolls and